Relationships: Processes Equally Important

As I got older, maybe just out of curiousity or in my search for examples, I often look out for newly weds or couples that have been dating for a while. Anyway, I was at an event recently and what I saw made me ask myself a few questions on dating and marriage. 

I saw a newly wed couple that got to the event together, then the guy goes in search of a seat for himself, the lady also finds and carries a seat for her too. They sit right next to each other and are pinging away on their blackberries. Guess who had to take in all my thoughts on that? My wonderful sister. She didn't see half of it but I was too willing to explain to her and tell her my thoughts. 

Anyway, your relationship is your business but guess what? People like us see what's going on. We look to re-affirm our faiths or fears on marriages. Good or bad examples, we are very willing look and learn. After every potential example, I often ask myself what I learnt and how I want my marriage to look and be like. As I said in an earlier post, respect is important to both parties. 

 In addition though, I like to ask myself some other questions,
  • How much love are you willing to give and get in your relationship? 
  • Do you respect yourself well enough for another guy or girl to respect you? 
  • What do you guys focus on, getting married or being a good example? 
  • Are you looking for an arrangement that brings joy for a day (the wedding) or a lifetime (the marriage)? 
Disclaimer: This post is not intended to explain how to or not to handle your relationships.

Comments

  1. From what I've seen I think most of us just want to 'settle down' because of pressure. We don't fully define the reason we want to get married. If we started doing this then maybe just maybe marriages will last longer. Good to see you writing again Miss.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment