As the Curtains Fall


The curtains for this year is falling
Just a few scenes and days
2011 is leaving with its hopes, aspirations and promises

One thing I've feared doing is a goal review
Because, I know I have smashed some targets and exceeded my expectations
For others goals, I'm not even on the start line

At the start of the year, I felt I was in the sky reaching my achievements
But in December, I realize I'm actually here
Not where I started from in January
Not where I planned to be in December

Without lights and trumpets
Without tears and sadness
I look at this season and I realize it is an opportunity to start again more intelligently

This season speaks;
His promises, confirming a peaceful and successful future
His birth, reminding me I still have tasks to accomplish
His carols, reminding me that although He wasn't born in a palace, He achieved all He came for

I'm therefore comforted that circumstances not withstanding, with the Saviour I still have lots of Decembers and Januaries to live, re-live and evaluate my life, making plans and setting out objectives to be achieved thereby bringing joy always to my King.



Thanks  P Banks &  TA


Comments

Post a Comment