That Miserable "What If I Fail" Thought

Hello My People
How are you doing?
Hope this week has been beautiful so far. Mine has been really good and filled with exciting things. Little and big blessings to show that God exists and He is still in the business of blessing people.
For every area of your life that you trust God to come through for you, I pray that He will take charge of that situation and turn things around in your favour in Jesus name, Amen!!!

Some days ago, I went to watch a movie on my own (Please don't yap me o. My sister already says I'm a boring person because I do it). I usually allow my mind to wander at the beginning of movies when the story is still slow because hey, this girl is allowed to daydream when the hall is dark and the atmosphere is right. 

Anyway, while in my thoughts, I asked myself a simple question: 
"Why are you too afraid to try out new things; assignments, roles, tasks, responsibilities...” 
I answered myself saying "What if I fail" 
The immediate response I got from myself after answering my own question was epic, "What if you don't fail?"

Immediately after that monologue, the name Gideon came to my mind. Please feel free to read the whole story in Judges 6 but I will just emphasise on verses 12 - 15 in NKJV. 
12And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, “The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valour!” 13Gideon said to Him, “O my lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, ‘Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?’ But now the Lord has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.” 14Then the Lord turned to him and said, “Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?” 15So he said to Him, “O my Lord, how can I save Israel? Indeed my clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my father’s house.” 

Chai, imagine how Gideon must have thought "See the God our fathers told us about o. How He performed miracle upon miracle for them. How He did awesome and amazing things then and now, He is just looking at us and allowing us to just suffer." Then God tells him, Gideon, you will be the one to save Israel and immediately, I am sure this miserable thought “what if I fail” came to his mind that is why he could remember that he is weaker than the weakest.

Is that not how we feel sometimes, we will complain and complain about issues (personal, family, career, academic, national, religious etc). We complain so much that the issue is even tired of our complains. We then get an idea on how to resolve it and suddenly, we begin to think, "What if I fail?"

For every issue you encounter going forward, whenever that miserable thought comes to your mind asking "what if you fail", take a deep breath, adjust yourself, stare into the environment for some seconds and put a happy smile on your face, then respond "and what if I win?". Immediately after those dramatic seconds, get your butt up and start planning or working towards achieving that dream and/or resolving that issue.

*I have started working on making this blog more interactive. Please if you left a comment in previous posts, please check to see if I responded. 
**For those of you owing me comments, you know yourself, God is watching you o…xxx

Have a phenomenal rest of the week.
Loads of hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz...  

Comments

  1. I bet I fall under "those owing comments". I used to be sooo scared of failure/ rejection. Right now, I have learnt to trust in God. Even if it does not go through as I planned, it isnt failure, it is just NEW LESSONS LEARNED!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol... You know you were really owing me comments. Thank you for finally commenting and thank God your comment is now showing. Trusting in God is the main thing my dear. I love your last words very much, it is really just new lessons learned. Please continue your blog. I just found it and saw that has been a while since you last wrote.

      Delete
  2. Nice write-up OmoT..I was surely on "team what if I fail" for a very long time. Even when I left the team (all thanks to God's Grace), the question always pops up in my mind. For me anytime I want to try something new I talk to God about it and go ahead. If it works perfect, if not Lessons learnt (as Bolanle said).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Tayo. Those thoughts are just to limit us, but we are way more than the thoughts of failure in Jesus name. Amen. Even when we don't get our desired outcomes, we still learn.

      Delete
  3. The truth never sounded better... We can do all things through Christ that strengthens us...nice write up dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Mrs O. Yes o. With God and our determination, we can really do all things.

      Delete
  4. Most people fail in life not because they are supposed to fail, but because they didn't try. The fear of failing is actually failure.

    Presido.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This write up is so timely. So apt. Coming at a time where I'm learning to not be afraid to take risks. The fear of failure is real and cripples us from becoming all that God wants us to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o. Failure is really about fearing to fail. I need the message too. God help us to always live above fear. Amen. Thanks so much Debola.

      Delete
  6. "What if" is a subtle clause that shows up when we are about to embark on a new/major activitiy. It has a funny way of showing up when you are in the "confident zone". You then begin to second-guess yourself and your abilities. It's more like a battle of the mind. But the Scriptures has thought us that We Are More Than Conquerers and We Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Us. The Nigerian labour market has given me a lot of "what if" moments. But thank God for His Word and the Reassurance that He never fails.
    Thanks namesake mii. Many more beautiful and meaningful write ups, Amen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!! Thank you so much sweetheart. I really appreciate you. Yes o, life really gives us a lot of what ifs, but like you said, our identity is in God's word so we are supposed to have faith and go when he sends us to...xxx

      Delete
  7. I asked myself this question three years ago with my career, went ahead and I failed miserably at the beginning. It was terrible. But once you're sure that's the path you chose for yourself and keep at it, you'll succeed. My point is even if you fail, never give up. Never

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. Never giving up is very important. I think we sometimes need talk ourselves out of failure sometimes so that we are able to go back and try again.

      Delete

Post a Comment