While Relationships Are Important

Song by Hezekiah Walker (I Need You to Survive)
I need you, you need me.
We're all a part of God's body.
Stand with me, agree with me.
We're all a part of God's body.

Chorus: It is His will, that every need be supplied.
              You are important to me, I need you to survive.

I pray for you, you pray for me.
I love you, I need you to survive.
I won't harm you with words from my mouth.
I love you, I need you to survive.

Chorus: It is His will, that every need be supplied.
              You are important to me, I need you to survive. 


Hello People.
Hope you are having a beautiful week so far.
I just had to start with a song. Why? You may ask. You will find out soon enough.
At the start of this year, I had one goal for 2016. Well, it was nothing really phenomenal. It is just a verse in the bible that struck me and I decided to practice it "Live intentionally".

What does it mean to me you may ask? It simply means regarding my spiritual life, family, job, friendships, relationships and personal development, I will follow through with actions that will yield expected results.

Why is that important you may also ask? Well, I am trying to improve myself in all aspects of my life. I really want to have a beautiful script written out of my life. If a new bible is to be written and I happen to feature in it, I want a story that people will enjoy… (So help me God!).

I am therefore trying my little best to just live with intent. I try to do this by praying more, reading my bible regularly, reading more books, calling/supporting family and friends, trying my best at my job etc. It is the middle of June and I can’t say I am not doing too badly. Although I will still see areas of improvement. If you relate with me frequently, please feel free to score me. I don’t want it to get to December and find out that I no try at all.

In light of this intentional living, I got a message from a friend yesterday that got me thinking again. My dear friend said:
“... it is so easy for people to associate themselves with someone when that person is dead or dying! Is this because of guilty conscience or just a way to mark register that at least I knew this person…”

Thinking about it in terms of not only death, but also from the successful person’s perspective. Do we have to wait for people in our circle to be dead or successful before we feel it is necessary to “check up on them” or be available for them? How about those living “ordinary” daily lives? How about doing it now?

Without too much grammar, let me leave you all this week begging you to live intentionally by nurturing your relationships while they are still important. What are you doing about the relationships that you have today? Nobody makes friends with those who are dead. It is only the memories we shared with them that we (not even them) can cherish. Relationships are only important to the living. Also, with successful people, they will have newer relationships with their new life and will only consider people that had their back in the good ol’ days as being loyal. 

Have an amazing week and a miracle filled June.
Loads of Hugs and Kisses.
Miss Onakz…

Comments

  1. Really insightful piece Tola. All the best as you continue your amazing journey and as one who sees you often..i have to say "keep it up".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thank you so much Tayo. I really appreciate.

      Delete
  2. Insightful....nice one O'tola!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate to this well as I have constant memories of my late dad and though I am glad they are great ones, I do wish I spent more than the time I did with him when he was with us. Yes I do need to live intentionally, this is for me because I am so bad with keeping in touch with friends. Good jolt back to this for me Tola. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kemi. Hope you are still living intentionally. I really appreciate your comment. With God's help, I will.

      Delete

Post a Comment