Do You Really Want It Unripe?

Hello People
How are you doing?
Hope this last week in June has been beautiful and you have received some of amazing blessings. I still have many reasons to celebrate God’s faithfulness. And I also still have more expectations and want more blessings this season too.

If you see the number of posts in my drafts, you will really laugh at me (overs face with hands). I started a relationship/marriage post since last week but the thing is really refusing to be concluded. I will gather my thoughts soon. I am sorry.

Anyway, to the gist of today. I was praying this morning and just became tired of one of my prayer points. Talking to myself, I thought "This prayer point has been here for long o. When did I start praying it sef? Isn't God tired of hearing me pray about this? Abeg, I want to get it and pray for other things jor." Just after those thoughts came into my mind, I prayed about it for some seconds, flipped my book close and thought again "Devotion don finish jor. Stand up and start your day". Just then, I saw something I wrote in my book a while ago while reading the story of the prodigal son. 

We know the story right? Luke 15: 11-32. Let me just summarise using the current economic situation. A rich man had 2 sons. One day, the younger one thought "my father's money is mine and my brother's, innit?". Oya, let me just collect my share. Imagine if he collected the money in naira in 2014. He put the money in his naira account then got a visa and went to the United Kingdom. Sebi the money will yield some interest in the bank here and he can just withdraw pounds with his ATM card. Is that not a smart idea? 21st century convenience and technology speaking

He already had enjoyed sometime of goodness living the life of a rich kid when the interest rate and exchange rate wahala started with the naira. Pounds moved from N256.59 to N424.07 and then CBN regulations now capped the amount of money you can withdraw from your naira account abroad. If his dad gave him N100,000,000.00 in 2014, he would have gotten £389,726.80 if he changed everything then. But with the current exchange rate, the same amount he was given is now £235,810.13. The difference is over £153,916.67. My people, is that not gbese? Don’t forget that he had already spent sometime lounging with the money. Anyway sha before he left the country to go back home, he suffered plenty, applied for jobs tire but could not get because of this UK unemployment and migration wahala. He finally got a low life job (it seems like a below minimum wage job sef as him papers no too dey ok) and then decided to come home to work for his father. Do you get the story now?

From the story in Luke 15: 11-32, the verses I want to emphasise are between 13-16 “... there was a bad famine all through that country and he began to hurt. He signed on with a citizen there who assigned him to his fields to slop the pigs (The Message version) ...” Imagine again if the father had said no when he asked for his share. The father would have seemed wicked at that time and we may never have read the story. But he would not have suffered the way he did.

As you go into the rest of this year and into our individual and collective lives, always remember that even when God has not answered some of your prayers and it seems like you are hurting now, it may well be because He wants to save you from a "greater hurt" and does not want you to “slop” with the unnecessary.

May God grant all the desires of our heart in accordance to His will in Jesus name.

Have an amazingly beautiful rest of the week.
Truckloads of hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz... 

Comments

  1. Insightful... Reminds me of the saying nothing is new under the sun... I pray God grants us the will and strength to see this through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o. Please have been through it before. Amen!

      Delete

Post a Comment