The Counsellor and Doer?

It is really amazing how time flies when you are living life.

About this time two years ago (well that is what 2014 has become), I was on my way home after a tiring 2 weeks at an off-site location when I got a call from a friend whom I hadn’t spoken to in over a year before that evening. She had good news and well, sad news. She was really disturbed and weighed down. "Babes, what happened?" I asked

Question after question, she answered me. "How could life be so unfair?" "Why had God not answered her prayers?" "How could she still feel this cheated despite the good news she had to share?"  Being the logical, analytical and good friend that I sometimes am, I listened to her every word and then proceeded to tell her my thoughts, comforted and advised her to be very strong. “This too would pass”, I said. You will survive it I told her and prayed that she should be fine.

A few months down the line, our discussion had paid off and my advice was true. God turned her story and everything that seemed unfair became her joy. She was very glad. Let's just say after the advice, I felt like I deserved a PhD in Guidance and Counselling because it really worked. I felt like a super star... Hoohoo

Then a while later, I found myself in the exact same path she trod. I felt the same way, I cried and I asked the same questions. But guess what, this time I was the distraught one and I was also the counsellor. Little did I know that the advice I gave her was mine too and I needed it for longer. I played word for word everything I told her and compelled myself to act the same way I advised her to. I felt her pain and could also appreciate her victory better. You bet I survived it too and now when my friends come to ask for my opinion about that same issue, I smile, personalise the issue and tell them proudly, I understand your pain, you have to be strong and 1, 2, 3... are the things I did to live past it.

But as I write this post, thinking through it again, isn't this the way it is with God? He was in heaven, He advised men on the way to live on earth. Then, He came to earth to live the life and get the victory through Jesus Himself and now He advises us on how to live and live victoriously based on His own experiences. 

Have a fabulous week
With loads of love, hugs and kisses,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. lovely piece tola....I particularly like d analogy at the end....u'll b getting a call from me soon..I need that talk and mmagic too.....*winks*.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post...but sometimes the best counsellors don't practice their advice....Nice to know you did.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant post you have there, but for me it was not detailed enough. Not asking for the full story of what happened but bits and pieces will be fine, same thing goes for the solution. Love the God factor at the end. More grease to your elbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been in situations where I am going through hell literally and I will be advising someone else going through the same thing to keep their head up. then I look at myself like girl, you better take your own advice. It is the toughest thing but I think it helps with maturity and also appreciate other people's journey more. thank you for your article

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesus the high priest, touched by the feelings of our infirmities. Tempted in all ways, yet without sin. He is the perfect example of the doer and the counsellor. Great piece Tola. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, God is able to do all we ask and more. We need to be still and wait on our Saviour.

    Excellent piece Omo T, thank you and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one... Its wonderful using God's gift to us. God through Christ has shown us we can make it through life.... Sho

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment