Their Validations Are Not Required

Hello People
How are you doing?
Happy New Month
First of, how was January 2018 for you?
Hope you were up to some beautiful things.
Like play, we are already in February o.
May we fulfil all that God has called us to do this year in Jesus name.
It is still #myyearofunprecedentedgoodness so I am anxious to see what my Father has in store for me and you and us.

You see, I was supposed to be with you on January 25th.
In fact, as my custom is, I had started replying the comments when an urgent task came up and let's just say I am just getting around to writing this post.

Two Sundays ago, I came back home and started to reel out to my mum scene by scene of what someone did at church. "She did this, and did that, then did those and bla bla bla." On and on and on I went that afternoon. Then last week Sunday again, I was home and started to talk about that same person all over again.

By Monday or Tuesday, after I had narrated the scenario and as my Yoruba people will say, "ara mi ti wale", I began to feel like I was giving the person unnecessary power and it occurred to me, "Why will I allow a human being cause me headache or get me worked up or simply angry?"

I Samuel 15: 20 and 21:
Then Saul said to Samuel, “I did obey the voice of the LORD, and went on the mission on which the LORD sent me, and have brought back Agag the king of Amalek, and have utterly destroyed the Amalekites. “But the people took some of the spoil, sheep and oxen, the choicest of the things devoted to destruction, to sacrifice to the LORD your God at Gilgal.”

I Samuel 15:30
Then he said, “I have sinned; but please honor me now before the elders of my people and before Israel, and go back with me, that I may worship the LORD your God.” 

1 Samuel 18: 6-9:
It happened as they were coming, when David returned from killing the Philistine, that the women came out of all the cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet King Saul, with tambourines, with joy and with musical instruments.

The women sang as they played, and said,
            “Saul has slain his thousands,
            And David his ten thousands.”

Then Saul became very angry, for this saying displeased him; and he said, “They have ascribed to David ten thousands, but to me they have ascribed thousands. Now what more can he have but the kingdom?” Saul looked at David with suspicion from that day on.
(New American Standard Bible)

Reading the following passages above, we realise that Saul got worked up and acted out of line because of "the people", "the elders of  my people" and "they."  Who are the people you give power to? The circumstances "they" put you in or the things that "they" say that make you act out of line?

Saul disobeyed God because "the people" took the spoil. He demanded for honour from Samuel because "the elders of the people" were around. He looked at David with suspicion because "they" sang that David was more powerful than him.

Whether negative or positive, never get distracted by the "they's", cause them to get you overly hyped or worked up. Your best audience is God and yourself. Never allow people give you the validations that they themselves need.

Have a wonderful weekend filled with goodness,
Loads of love, hugs and kisses,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. This post is so relatable. In the past few weeks I have battled with anger and rehashing what someone did to me recently that I found very hurtful. In the end I have decided to leave it with God. I don't have to defend myself or go over what they did anymore. Thank you for the great write up and use of scriptures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment was in spam. I only saw it recently. Thank you so much...xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment