Simply for LOVE Sake

Hello People!!!
How are you doing?
Hope you've been keeping well and out of trouble.
It is October already.
Wow!!! 
And I am now owing you at least 3 posts.
I promise to pay up in this year 2017.

For a little over a week now, I have been wanting to write about love but I kept thinking, what is there to write again? After all, it is one of the most talked about topics ever. The love of God, love in marriage and relationships, love your family, love your neighbours, love your enemies and every other thing you've heard on love. However, let us start this conversation with 2 stories.

Story 1
My mum, siblings and I were having one of those our heart to heart moments some years ago when I started crying and told my mum that I did not think she and my dad loved me at all. I even went on to give examples of their "unlovingness" and cited instances that had happened over 5 years before our conversation. You could have seen the look on my mum's face while I blew my hot air. However, she went on to hug and talk me out of all my "loveless" thoughts. 

Story 2
I had just met this guy from another school during one of my secondary school summer vacation. To me, he was handsome with a capital H and I even saw stars on his teeth when he smiled at me. The day he told someone that he liked me too, I got home and decided that a girl in love was not supposed to eat eba anymore. How can I see my crush and be shining my eba teeth at him. I mean, eba was not meant for anyone in love, right?

Quite often, we think we know what love is. I mean how can Miss Onakz put eba in her mouth at home and be smiling with a boy she "loved" the following day? Or how do I also explain that my parents did not love me because they did not come to see me in school one weekend for example? Please how does that work? Any ideas?

With these stories from Miss Onakz's mind on her warped ideas of love, now imagine yours.

Because you wanted God to do something for you and it hasn't happened yet, does it mean He loves you less or does not love you at all? You pray "Lord, 2016 must not pass me by". You wait and pray and fast and now it is October 2017, does that diminish His love for you or even make it non existent? Have you forgotten the day you went to bed with a headache half hoping that you will feel better by morning and woke up feeling much better and stronger without even saying a prayer. Also remember the credit alert you got when you complained of being broke or the solution you got when a work issue seemed impossible or very random events that happened in your favour when you were just about to give up. Don't they account for something? Aren't they sign posts of God's love?

You see, by now we should really be tired of defining love our way. That my parents weren't my roommates at school did not mean they didn't love me and as for that guy that I thought was the best thing to happen since... Don't even bother to ask. I never saw him again after that summer except if Facebook pictures still count as seeing.

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.
Romans 3 :37 -39 (The Message Version)

However, I have decided to find the sign post of God's love in everything that happens to me.
From accidents with no injuries, to the food I can afford to buy because He provided, to the traffic that I do not have to face on my way anywhere, to ... The list is really endless. So that even on days when I feel "out of love" or "not in love" or "not loved", I remember these things and say to myself "Well, because of A, B and C, I am sure that He still loves me".

As the year is gradually coming to an end, please find sign posts of God's love around you, then smile and whisper to your loving Father, "I know that You really still really love me", then enjoy the comfort of the hugs He brings your way.

Happy October.
As always,
With loads of hugs and kisses,
Miss Onakz...

Comments