Ageing with Care?

Hello People!!!
How are you doing?
How did your week go?
How are the preparations for this long weekend (for those of us in Nigeria) coming?
Any great plans for the holiday?
Plans to turn up anywhere?
I just might be available to attend.

By the way, does anyone know of any tool that can write down my thoughts? Even if it jots them somewhere for my use later, I don't mind. Because a million and one urgent things have been flooding my mind of late. 

Even after 2 weeks, I am still receiving birthday messages and gifts. Special thanks to everyone that has thought about me and reached out this season. I really appreciate your thoughts and gifts. 
Thank you so much.

As a growing child, I always admired adults and I generally thought they were all very good-looking. There was something about adulthood to me that made people look very nice. I am not sure what I think it was but even looking back now, I am still struggling to think of any adult that I thought was anything close to ugly. I honestly cannot remember any. Maybe it's the innocence of a child, I really don't know? But just a few years down the line. Oh well, can over 2 decades be considered as few? I have found the very same people I considered then to be beautiful and handsome to now be ageing. Some gracefully and others, not so much. Isn't that an irony?  Seeing them now also gets me worried about my ageing self. Will my hair be all grey or will I have just streaks of grey hair? But hey, I won't think to much about that yet. I still have a LONG way to go, right?

Last week was quite a sad one in my house. We woke up on Thursday morning to get a call that we lost a family friend just a few hours before. Everyone asked the usual hows and whys and we were generally sober. The following day, Friday morning, we got another call. We lost another family friend. These 2 men were well under age 70 with children that are young adults and generally just starting life. I immediately felt weak and very drained.

Well, I guess this post is just to remind us that we are growing and we also have parents, uncles, aunties, grandparents etc around who are now ageing. If my dad had me at age 27 and I am 24 years old, it simply means he is already 51 years old. Just like that!!! Not as active as he was when he was in his 20s and maybe not as determined as his 30s and 40s. But of course a lot wiser, with a lot of life experiences and is generally happier about some of the things we consider small. If any grand parent is alive, imagine what age they too would be too by now? Talk less of their siblings and friends, the very visitors that came to your house while you were growing.

How are you taking care of the generation(s) before you? 
Does it really matter to you that they aren't able to do quite as much as they previously could?
What little ways are you trying to make life happier for them?

23To his father he sent the following: ten male donkeys loaded with the good things of Egypt, and ten female donkeys loaded with grain and bread and provision for his father [to supply all who were with him] on the journey... 27When they told him everything that Joseph had said to them, and when he saw the wagons which Joseph had sent to carry him, the spirit of their father Jacob revived.
Genesis 45: 23 and 27 (The Amplified Version)

Have a wonderful weekend
Remembering that our parents don't need mansions in the South of France
Just the phone calls, check ins, little gifts and our own successes can be enough to take care make them happy.
Loads of love, hugs an kisses to you from me
As always,
Miss Onakz... 

Comments